Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Teens and things

So here is a general request from those interested in helping me a bit.

I mentioned in an earlier thread that Tuba Girl will not be getting many Christmas presents under the tree (except for the necessary stocking) as I've spent a large amount of money on her band shit.

However, I'd really like to make sure she has a few little things under the tree and I thought it would be nice to make her a few things. (Provided I can figure out, have the time and supplies to make it.)

So far I have a scrapbook kit for her Disney trip. (I thought it would be nice to let her make it herself.)  She has also requested butter milk fudge.

So people, hook me up with some ideas and links of neato things one sousaphone-playing, emo/goth girl may like. It has be cheap and easy. Remember that I cannot do things that involve crocheting, knitting, sewing. If you suggest something with a knitting pattern, I will mentally stab you with those pointy sticks.

In other news, this is a cool website: http://www.instructables.com/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you looking for ideas for stuff to *make*? I'm no help there. I'm not one bit crafty, except for scrapbooking.

Here's some other ideas: cute tin of popcorn, a book, a $5 dvd from Wal-Mart, a pretty journal and some pens, a unique mug and some "gourmet" hot chocolate, cute nightshirt or underwear, jigsaw puzzle, puzzle books....OK, I'm all out of ideas. Hope this helps!

amulbunny's random thoughts said...

My daughter is really hard to buy for. I was at Joann's (like Michaels) and was browsing their 1$ stuff and found some happy bunny calendars. The emo ones. So I picked up one for her and for her cousin. I am also going to buy her some colorful pens and pajamas. It's hard to get her stuff. And some clothes. I am not sure about her request for a new Ipod.

Jen said...

If you want something to make, go to goodwill or other used clothing store, and get some kickass t-shirts she would like (size matters not, because they are not for her to wear) and then follow these directions - http://brokeassstuart.com/2009/08/07/diy-diva-ironic-t-shirt-totes/

 
© free template